Move for Mental Health
Movement can do wonders for our mental health.
Let’s kick off 2021 stronger than ever, with a little help from one another.
*Thank you to everyone who participated! Stay tuned for similar initiatives in the future.*
How does Move For Mental Health 20-21 work?
- Participants pledge to move for a minimum of 20 minutes a day, for 21 days during the month of January.
- Kicking off January 1, participants can choose which 21 days in January to complete their movement. For example, you can take the weekends off if you’d like. Give yourself the leeway when you need it.
- Activities can include: going for a walk/run/hike, gym or at-home workouts, yoga, dancing in your living room, downhill skiing or snowboarding, cross country skiing, biking, swimming and more.
- Register today to reserve your spot!
- The participation fee is just $30 AND, bonus, if you complete your 21 days of movement you will receive a $30 gift card donated by one of our local grocery stores. A win-win.
- To top it off, 100% of the proceeds go back into the community to support local Sea to Sky Charities.
*Limited spots available*
How to stay accountable and support each other!
Whether YOU need the extra support and motivation, or know someone who does, let’s ALL do this together.
- Login to the MFMH website to keep track of your daily activity. Not only is it part of the requirements to officially complete MFMH, this also helps everyone stay accountable and tracks your experience. Sometimes accountability can be that extra motivation we all need!
- We suggest all participants follow MFMH on Instagram: @S2S_moveformentalhealth . There will be daily posts for you to comment on and include what type of movement you did that day, if you wish. Take part as much as you can - you never know who your enthusiasm might encourage to get moving.
- Post photos and stories on your own page and tag @S2S_moveformentalhealth and #S2Smentalhealth
Weekly Draw Prizes!
Starting January 8, a draw will take place from the names that participated that week. The lucky prize winners will be contacted directly!
- January 8
- January 15
- January 22
- February 1
Other Pertinent Info!
- Registration opens Tuesday, December 15
- Participation is open to anyone of any ability, and location. Participants under the age of 19 will just need to be registered by a legal guardian.
- Participants will need to log their minimum 20 minutes per day for 21 days via the MFMH link emailed to them prior to January 1st. The full 21 days must be completed to receive the $30 gift card.
- Gift cards will not be electronic. Physical gift cards will be mailed at the beginning of February.
- Gift cards have been donated by the following locations and will be chosen at random: Nesters Market Whistler, Nesters Market Squamish, Save On Foods Squamish, Sewak's Your Independent Grocer Whistler, and Whistler's Creekside Market.
- Please be sure to follow COVID-19 protocols and all Provincial Health Orders when participating: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Special thanks goes to our participating Grocery Stores for their loving support of this Movement!
If you are in crisis, distress, or having thoughts of suicide, help is available! The BC Crisis Centre is here to listen, here to help - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Sea to Sky: 1-866-661-3311